When you’re up late watching a movie or spending time with friends, a midnight snack is all but inevitable. But you don’t have to eat junk food – there are plenty of easy and healthy late night snacks you can cook up as a tasty alternative. Whether you’re preparing a snack for one or for the whole family, these late night snacks are sure to leave you satisfied.
Here are a few of our favorite tried and true late-night snacks:
- Bananas and peanut butter – Simply slice up a banana and toss it on a cracker with a dollop of peanut butter and you’ll be ready to go!
- Greek yogurt with fruit – Another great choice for those with a sweet-tooth, Greek yogurt is renowned for its health benefits, adding strawberries or blueberries will take this snack to the next level.
- Dark Chocolate – Of course, there are times when chocolate is a must, and a piece of dark chocolate is a guilt-free choice. Dark chocolate is healthier than milk chocolate, and is more filling in small quantities.
- Oatmeal – Microwaveable oatmeal can be topped with whatever ingredients you desire, making it a versatile snack that everyone can enjoy.
- Chips and Guacamole – Guacamole doesn’t require any cooking whatsoever: simply gather your ingredients and smash away. It’s also delicious and avocados are well-known as a “super food.”
Next time you’re craving food in the middle of the night, try these delicious – and healthy – late night snacks. They’re sure to satisfy, helping you feel fresh and energized when you wake up the next day.
Because most commercial cleaning products are loaded with potentially harmful chemicals, switching to natural, non-toxic cleaning products is the safe choice for your family. In particular, added chemicals can adversely affect individuals with sensitive allergies, asthma, and other respiratory conditions. Avoid these harmful side effects by switching to all-natural products.
Looking for a safe alternative to chemical-laden cleaning supplies? Try these effective alternatives:
- Dr Bronner’s – As one of the longest-standing organic cleaning supplies on the market, Dr Bronner’s soap is an tried-and-true all-purpose solution. It also uses exclusively fair-trade ingredients, making it a good choice for your conscience as well as your health.
- Method – Another major natural cleaning supply brand, Method, offers a wide variety of safe, non-toxic cleaning products, from hand soap, to surface wipes, to laundry detergent.
While both of these products are effective alternatives to chemical-based cleaning products, you can also make your own non-toxic cleaning supplies from ingredients you already have in your home.
For example, white vinegar is a powerful cleaner when diluted with water and also acts as a disinfectant. You can even add lemon juice to the mixture to make it stronger and more fragrant. Visit About.com to learn more about how you can make your own natural cleaning products.
There’s no reason why you need to sacrifice your physical well-being for a clean house, so try out these safe cleaning products once spring cleaning rolls around. Whether you’re cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry, or washing your hands, you shouldn’t settle for anything less than the best.